Dave Lyons was a champion for Providence Cristo Rey High School from the very beginning. He ended his professional career with PCRHS as part of our fundraising team, but held executive leadership positions in the finance world for many years. He served on several nonprofit boards, and had a heart for helping others in need.
Dave passed away on November 24, 2016. This scholarship fund was named for him in acknowledgement of his dedication to our school and love for the students we serve. This scholarship's purpose is for funding the cost "gap" between the cost of college tuition, books, room & board, and the sum total of scholarships, grants, and federal & state financial aid.
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a graduate of Providence Cristo Rey High School, or will graduate in May 2017
- Applicant must be accepted to a two or four-year college prior to applying
- Applicant must have applied to all other sources of financial aid
- Must have upheld and promoted the 7 Providence P's in and out of school: Prompt, Prepared, Participative, Positive, Productive, Polite, Prayerful, Providence
- Minimum 2.5 college GPA and no semester grade lower than a "C" in junior and senior years at PCRHS.
- Mail or deliver completed application no later than May 12th, 2017 to:
L. David Lyons Scholarship Fund Committee
c/o Providence Cristo Rey High School
75 N. Belleview Place
Indianapolis, IN 46222
- Applications must be submitted on time.
- Notification of awards will be mailed to the recipient by June 2, 2017
- Funds will be paid directly to student's college/university; No funds will be paid to the student
- Funds will be issued each semester and are to be used toward the current semester expenses.