Providence Cristo Rey High School has the following positions available.
English/Language Arts Teacher
Specific courses include English 9, English 10, English 11, English 12
Specific courses include algebra II and geometry
Specific courses include integrated chemistry/physics and pre-calculus
Social Studies Teacher
Specific courses include U.S. history, world history, geography
Specific courses include Spanish I, Spanish II, Spanish III, Spanish IV
- Plan and implement annual plans and weekly lesson plans that align with the Cristo Rey Network rubrics, Indiana state standards for Core 40 and Core 40 with Academic Honors diplomas, and the PCRHS strategies for high impact instruction
- Provide instruction that promotes skill development (mathematical literacy, ready, writing) and cognitive processes of analysis, problem solving, and high expectations
- Assess student performance consistently in accordance with school policy and guidelines provided by the Cristo Rey Network and state of Indiana
- Administer and develop subject specific assessments for the purpose of determining student competency levels and/or developing individual learning plans
- Advise parents/guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations, student achievements, methods for improvement, and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment
- Assess student progress toward objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents, and administration
- Collaborate with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents, and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan
- Counsel students for the purpose of improving performance, health status, problem solving techniques, and a variety of personal issues
- Manage student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment
- Report incidents, e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, harassment, zero tolerance offenses, etc. for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment, and adhering to state law and board policies
- Respond to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal or Vice Principal
Extra-Curriculars and Athletics
- Up to 6 instructional periods of approximately 55 minutes daily
- Advisory period of 30 minutes; Period 8 tutoring/study hall for 40 minutes
- Before and after school and lunch supervision as assigned by administration
Ongoing Professional Development
- Actively involved in the extra-curricular life of the school
- Sponsor one college-ready club during Period 8 one day per week
- Support the creation of student leadership through expectations of academic, athletic, and spiritual excellence
- Participate in the supervision of athletic events and/or attend one event per season
- Attend fall and spring Open Houses on behalf of Admissions
- Teachers are encouraged to serve as head coach, assistant coach, or student government sponsor with additional monetary stipend
- Actively participate in faculty professional development programs, including but not limited to:
- Cristo Rey Network Teach-Learn-Lead Summer Institute
- Weekly faculty/academic team meetings and quarterly faculty/staff meetings
- Annual retreat at the Sisters of Providence of Saint-Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana
- Alignment with PCR's Catholic Christian mission in an urban school blessed with ethnic, economic, social, and religious diversity
- Be culturally proficient, meaning employee will be able to assess culture, value diversity, manage the dynamics of difference, adapt to diversity, and institutionalize cultural knowledge
- Valid Indiana teaching license in secondary education in the appropriate content area
- (1) or more years of teaching experience in an urban high school
Individuals with master's degrees will be given priority consideration and compensation. Teacher salaries at PCRHS are, on average, 38.7% higher than other Indianapolis archdiocesan high schools.
Must complete Safe and Sacred training required by the Archdiocese of Indianapolis.
Must complete and clear expanded criminal history background check.
Submit your resume and letter of interest to Michael Brooks, principal, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 317.860.1004. Download the PCRHS application for employment.
Providence Cristo Rey High School in Indianapolis has an opportunity for a highly motivated person to work in a department where outreach to prospective families is essential to the success of the school. The Admissions Recruiter manages inquiries, makes outbound phone calls to prospective families, educates them about the distinctive aspects of our school, and guides them through the enrollment process. The Admissions Recruiter will effectively explain educational programs, expected outcomes, student services, and financial support available to students and parents. The recruiter will coordinate events both at the school and at events in the community. The recruiter will create and update prospective student records in the school management software. This full-time position requires working some evenings and weekends. Benefits include medical, 401(k), summer schedule, Christmas vacation, 10 days paid vacation and more.
During peak recruiting times (from mid-September to early December and mid-February to early June) the Admissions Recruiter’s time will be allocated to the following tasks:
45% Initiate outbound calls to prospects and meet with prospective students
35% Outreach (site visits, school presentations, events)
20% Data entry, record-keeping, call tracking, administrative tasks, personal
35% Initiate outbound calls to prospects and meet with prospective students
25% Outreach (site visits, school presentations)
25% Events throughout the community
15% Data entry, record-keeping, call tracking, administrative tasks, personal
- Participate in admissions sales and marketing training.
- Complete weekly outbound calls to prospect list.
- Receive inquiries; meet with prospective students; follow up with prospects.
- Set appointments with prospective families for Shadow Days, Open House, Parent Info Nights, and private admissions appointments.
- Coordinate events.
- Interface with families in a variety of environments (at school, at other schools, at events in the community). Provide information about the school and follow up appropriately.
- Maintain accurate records in school management software and report results.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activities, exhibitions, etc.
- Must create interest in the school through focused calls, articulate the benefits of the school, and set appointments with prospective families to visit, apply, and enroll.
- Strong communication skills.
- Bilingual/Spanish is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven track record of consistently achieving or exceeding quota.
- Must be assertive, motivated, organized and have a competitive spirit. Goal-oriented.
- Team player with high ethical standards.
- 1+ years of demonstrated sales, telemarketing, and/or recruiting experience.
- Must be able to work select evening hours and Saturdays.
- Must complete Safe and Sacred training required by the Archdiocese of Indianapolis.
- Must complete and clear expanded criminal history background check.
Submit your resume and letter of interested to Deandra Thompson-Grady, director of admissions, by e-mail to email@example.com or fax to 317.860.1004. Download the Providence Cristo Rey application for employment.
- Head coach, varsity co-ed soccer
Submit your resume and letter of interest to Andrew Dishman, athletic director, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 317.860.1004. Download the PCRHS application for employment.
Providence Cristo Rey High School is a Cristo Rey Network school sponsored by the Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana, and is a part of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis.